If you love independent music and are looking for a rewarding volunteer experience, we want to hear from you!
Volunteer and lend a hand to pitch a tent at Toronto’s ONLY camping & music festival, Camp Wavelength this summer…. Make new friends, discover new music, and help put on a world-class music festival!
CAMP WAVELENGTH is a new, intimate, boutique festival launching on Toronto Island the final weekend of August, 2015. Presented by Wavelength Music, Toronto’s non-profit, DIY music community hub, CAMP WAVELENGTH invites audiences to camp out and escape the city for one last summer hurrah – to become an Islander for a weekend and immerse in the distinct culture of the Island, the other world on Toronto’s doorstep.
Who We’re Looking For
Fun, outgoing people who love discovering new music, are eager to lend a helping hand, want to meet other music fans, and be a part of the amazingly supportive music community in Toronto — but also who aren’t afraid to work hard, lend a hand, and a be a part of a great team. People who aren’t shy to jump in and help someone move a big heavy box (whether it’s full of speakers, merch or Steam Whistle), but also know the right time to just kick back and enjoy the show.
Why Volunteer For Camp Wavelength?
– Great opportunity to engage with the music community
– Help create a platform for emerging Canadian artists
– Make new BFFs
– Play an important role in the first-ever Camp Wavelength – let’s make history together!
– In return, you’ll get a FREE Camping Pass (includes festival admission + overnight camping Friday & Saturday nights) and/or a FREE Festival Pass, and we’ll take care of you with food and drink
– Minimum 16 years of age
– Able to commit to a minimum of two (2) shifts (between 2-6 hours) during festival
– Make own way to Artscape Gibraltar Point (Toronto Island)
– Reliable & courteous
– Must be comfortable talking to new people
– Occasional heavy lifting
– Being on your feet for stretches of time
– Box office
– Hospitality Ticketing
– Info Booth
– Merch Table
– Camping Attendants
– Tent Check
– Green Room
– Site Clean-up
– AND writing about cool bands for the Wavelog and
Camp WL Program Guide!
**Your hours are not guaranteed in the same area
How To Apply
Send your resume, role preferences, and why you’re keen to help out to: Dorice Tepley c/o firstname.lastname@example.org If you are applying to write for us, please specify and attach one example of relevant writing.
– The Wavelength Crew