Wavelength is seeking a Summer Marketing Assistant who is enthusiastic about Toronto’s independent music and arts scenes, and excited to engage with them creatively!
The Marketing Assistant will contribute to Wavelength’s public facing voice, assisting with executing the organization’s marketing plan, and engaging a diverse range of community partners. They are enthusiastic about Toronto’s independent music and arts scenes, and excited to engage with them creatively. Utilizing both social media and strategic marketing techniques, the Marketing Assistant will work with Wavelength’s staff to create engaging, community-driven campaigns.
Full-time, 10-week position
Marketing and Communications
– monitoring Wavelength presence, creating content and responding to conversations across all social media platforms
– Assisting with execution of the tactics listed in aforementioned marketing plan, eg. media buys, merchandise, photography, video, website posts
– Outreach to a diverse range of community organizations to raise awareness and engagement
– Attendance and representation at all Wavelength events, and sharing live social media posts throughout
– Assist Marketing and Communications Manager, Managing Director and Artistic / Executive Director with other administrative duties, as required.
– Assisting in the fulfillment of any sponsor-related commitments related to social media and marketing
– Assisting in analyzing key metrics and adjusting strategy as needed
– Compile reports for management showing metrics for different campaigns
– Data entry, populating archives, and updating content on organizational website, wavelengthmusic.ca
– Assisting with generating original marketing/editorial content such as artist interviews and blog posts
– Coordinating social media and other marketing initiatives
– Assisting Artistic / Executive Director and Managing Director with support material for grant applications and partner/sponsor stewardship
– Compiling clippings of press and media coverage of Wavelength events
– Experience working in marketing or social media management and content creation, preferably in music/arts-related fields
– Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
– Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples)
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a professional environment. (Provide a link to one writing sample, if possible)
– Proficiency in social media platforms and scheduling tools such as: Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite, Canva, Tiktok, etc.
– Proficiency in photography and videography is an asset
– Familiarity with writing to maximize SEO, using tools such as Google Analytics
– Experience working with WordPress and/or other CMS platforms
– Proficiency in computer and digital system environments, and ability to navigate software such as Microsoft Suite, Google Suite Apps (Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Forms, etc.), Zoom, Trello, etc.
– Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
– Strong project and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
– Self-starter, comfortable working independently while able to work in a flexible team environment
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. Candidates must:
-Be a youth between the ages of 15 to 30 years old
-Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
-Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
International students are not eligible to apply for this position as per the Canada Summer Jobs requirements.This position is a hybrid position in where the successful candidate will work remotely and at the Wavelength office, plus onsite at Wavelength events.
Wavelength Music is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates from visible and invisible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to hiring on merit and to removing barriers in employment policies. Should you require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply:
Apply with CV and cover letter to: email@example.com (include “Wavelength Marketing Assistant” in subject line).
Deadline: July 6, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Wavelength Music, visit www.wavelengthmusic.ca