Wavelength is seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager who is enthusiastic about Toronto’s independent music and arts scenes, and excited to engage with them creatively!
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for ensuring effective, results-oriented promotion, marketing, and community outreach for all Wavelength programming, including the Wavelength Winter Festival, Wavelength Summer Series, year-round Monthly Concert Series, talks/educational programming, and community co-presentations taking place during the calendar year.
– Executing Wavelength Music’s 2023 marketing plan in collaboration with the Managing Director and Artistic / Executive Director, setting goals to maximize attendance at events including Wavelength’s two annual festivals, monthly concert series, year-round educational programming, and community co-presentations
– Participate, present, and contribute to the Marketing Committee with fellow staff and members of Wavelength’s Board of Directors
– Provide support in creating materials for partnership and development opportunities
– Assisting in the fulfillment of any funder/partner-related commitments related to social media and marketing
– Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed
– Compile reports and manage performance metrics for different campaigns
– Writing, researching and developing Wavelength Music’s editorial voice
– Coordinating original editorial content, eg. artist interviews and playlists, to support all Wavelength programming
– Engage graphic designers, videographers and other content creators and supervise the delivery of promotional assets to Wavelength
– Update promotional assets with appropriate funder and partner logos for all socials, newsletters, and website
– Oversee the tactics listed in aforementioned marketing plan, eg. media buys, merchandise, photography, video, blog posts
– Maintain customer relations on existing ticketing platform, welcome audiences back to in-person events by communicating up-to-date show information and safety/accessibility protocols via email marketing
– Set up and monitor event sales via ticketing platform and provide timely sales and attendance reports for all Wavelength events
– Research, execute and continuously refine new Customer Relations Management database
– Manage and monitor Wavelength presence across all social media platforms, email newsletters and website
– Outreach to a diverse range of community organizations to raise awareness and engagement including but not limited to the monthly newsletter and online media outlets
– Coordinate media and publicity with outside publicity firm, if needed
– Track, collect and archive media coverage on an ongoing basis
– Attendance and representation at Wavelength events, as available, and sharing live social media posts throughout. The employee is to assist Wavelength in finding a suitable replacement for unavailable dates.
– Social media advertising: Plan and manage advertising campaigns on social media and content channels (Google, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok) through ad manager platforms as well as “sponsored” posts. Evaluate and optimize campaigns.
– Google advertising: set up and manage Google advertising campaigns
– Performance management: oversee and/or run performance management for all digital campaigns, to evaluate and optimize campaigns
– Website: oversee and/or manage website updates and ongoing content requirements
– Minimum three years’ experience working in digital marketing and content creation, preferably in music/arts-related fields
– Marketing or communications degree/certificate or equivalent work experience
– Experience in running event marketing campaigns, particularly if related to live music or concerts
– Knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing and public relations.
– Creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples)
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a professional environment. (Provide a link to one writing sample, if possible)
– Proficiency in social media platforms and scheduling tools such as: Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite, Canva, Tiktok, etc.
– Capability managing the backend of event ticketing platforms
– Experience in customer service is a plus
– Proficiency in photography and videography is an asset
– Familiarity with writing to maximize SEO, using tools such as Google Analytics
– Experience updating website content and working with WordPress and/or other CMS platforms
– Proficiency in computer and digital system environments, and ability to navigate software such as Microsoft Suite, Google Suite Apps (Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Forms, etc.), Zoom, Trello, etc.
– Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
– Strong project and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
– Self-starter, comfortable working independently while able to work in a flexible team environment
– Passionate and knowledgeable about independent music and the arts in Toronto and Canada
– Understanding of current media and publicity landscape for music/arts coverage
– Understanding of challenges faced by not-for-profit arts organizations
Compensation: 45K to 55K salary plus health benefits
This position is a hybrid position wherein the successful candidate will work remotely and at the Wavelength office, plus onsite at Wavelength events.
Wavelength Music is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates from visible and invisible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to hiring on merit and to removing barriers in employment policies. Should you require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply:
Apply with CV and cover letter to: email@example.com (include “Wavelength Marketing & Communications Manager” in subject line).
Deadline: November 21, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Wavelength Music, visit www.wavelengthmusic.ca